We're Finalists in the 2020 Great British Entrepreneur Awards for the South West!
Exciting news! We've just heard we're finalists in the Entrepreneur for Good Award category in the Great British Entrepreneur Awards South West!
The Entrepreneur for Good Award is given to an entrepreneur leading a business that is implementing pioneering ideas and business models to help drive positive change.
This award will be given to an entrepreneur who:
- Is adopting a mission to create and sustain social value (not just private value).
- Is recognising and pursuing a new opportunities to serve that mission.
- Is engaging in a process of continuous innovation, adaptation and learning.
- Is acting boldly without being limited by current resources.
- Is maintaining accountability to the constituencies served and for the outcomes created.
- The judges will consider actions on measuring the impact they create.
"It's incredibly exciting to be named a finalist in this category," explains Good Things founder Lucy, "It's been an eventful first year and this is a lovely opportunity to celebrate the positive impact we've made thanks to everyone who's supported us."
"I’m inspired by the projects we champion and support, from opportunities for disabled people in Tanzania to turning waste plastic into new toys, instead of polluting our seas. I’m driven by my belief that what we buy can change the world for the better."
Find out more about how Lucy's experiences in Costa Rica, Tanzania and Nepal inspired her to set up Good Things: Why We Do This.
The regional virtual ceremony will take place on 23rd September and winners will go on to a national ceremony in London in November. Fingers crossed!
Good Things seeks out innovative, fair and eco-friendly toys and gifts for kids that do great things. Like toy boats made entirely from recycled milk bottles, or cards that are changing the lives of orphaned young adults in Rwanda. Have a look at our collections.