Wee Gallery: Eco-friendly, ethically made and designed just for little ones
When baby Siddu was born his parents were fascinated to learn a few things:
- Newborns can only see 30 - 38cm (about the length of your forearm, designed to gaze lovingly at a parent's face while feeding!)
- Babies are drawn to simple geometric shapes that are black and white
- High-contrast patterns promote babies' brain development
As a graphic designer and a teacher, this got Surya and Dave thinking - and designing! So, not long after Sid was born, Wee Gallery came into the world too.
But there's more to Wee Gallery than their gorgeous baby-centred design. As world citizens with roots in the UK and India, Wee Gallery's founders place workers' rights at the heart of their practices and only work with suppliers following ethical practices. This means that when you buy a Wee Gallery product, you're supporting people with well-paid work in good conditions.
Wee Gallery only used sustainably sourced materials. All the handmade organic cotton is certified under the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and is produced without chemical softeners. Their recycled stuffing is OEKO-TEX approved polyfill made from recycled materials. Their packaging is sustainable and bio-degradable.
Siddu has now been joined by his sister Anya, and Wee Gallery has grown too. The family-run company produce a range of beautifully designed toys, accessories and gifts, created to engage and delight little ones and the adults around them. But they've stuck firm to their principles and always ensure their materials are eco-friendly, their manufacturing is ethical and their suppliers are paid and treated well.
We love their beautifully made products which always attract lots of attention when we're out and about. We know you'll love their gorgeous designs too.
Check out some of their lovely products, available here at Good Things:
- Woodland Activity Pad in Organic Cotton
- Organic Cotton Cuddle Bunny
- Organic Cotton Muslin Swaddle in Nordic Print
- Panda Crinkle Baby Toy in Organic Cotton
- Animal Alphabet Organic Cotton Canvas Wall Hanging
- NEW Numbered Nesting and Stacking Blocks
- NEW Grow Wild Growth Chart in Organic Cotton Canvas | Rainforest
- NEW Playmat - Explore in Organic Cotton
Good Things seeks out innovative, fair and eco-friendly toys and gifts for kids that do great things. Like toy boats made entirely from recycled milk bottles, or cards that are changing the lives of orphaned young adults in Rwanda. Have a look at our collections.